Washington DC
New York
Toronto
Distribution: (800) 510 9863
Press ID
  • Login
Binghamton Herald
Advertisement
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
Binghamton Herald
No Result
View All Result
Home Trending

Nepal Bus Accident: 7 Indians Among 65 Missing As Vehicles Swept Away In Trishuli River

by Binghamton Herald Report
July 12, 2024
in Trending
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

At least seven Indians have gone missing missing in the Nepal twin bus accident that occurred early on Friday, reported news agency PTI. A landslide swept away two buses, carrying around 65 passengers, into the Trishuli River. The accident occurred on the Madan-Ashrit Highway in central Nepal. One of the buses was heading from Kathmandu to Gaur in Rautahat. The other was headed to Kathmandu from Birgunj. 

The Nepali Army, which is carrying out the search & rescue operation, said the Nepal bus accident occurred in Bharatpur on the Narayangarh-Muglin Road section. “After receiving the news of the accident, Chitwan-based forces, including divers, have been deployed to carry out the rescue operation with the help of other security agencies and locals,” the Nepali Army said in an X post. 

आषाढ २८ गते चितवन जिल्ला, भरतपुर-२९ नारायणगढ-मुग्लिन सडक खण्डको सिमलतालमा यात्रु बाहक बसहरू पहिरोमा परेको खबर प्राप्त हुनसाथ चितवनस्थित नेपाली सेनाका गोताखोर सहित फौज खटिई अन्य सुरक्षा निकाय लगायत स्थानीयको सहयोगमा उद्धार कार्य जारी राखेको छ ।#NepaliArmy #NAinSearchNRescueOps pic.twitter.com/85jXUcsksm


— Nepali Army (@NepaliArmyHQ) July 12, 2024

The particular stretch where the accident occurred had been blocked by landslides last month. It was cleared and reopened just 20 days ago. However, it was again blocked by landslides last week. It opened to vehicular traffic only on July 9. Nepal’s Rautahat Police chief SP Dilip Ghimire is attempting to contact the families of the missing people and deceased. 

Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal has ordered an urgent search and rescue operation to look for survivors.

Dahal said in an X post, “I am deeply saddened by the reports of about five dozen passengers that are missing when bus was washed away by a landslide on the Narayangadh-Muglin road section and the loss of properties due to floods and landslides in different parts of the country. I direct all agencies of the government, including the home administration, to search and effectively rescue the passengers.”

नारायणगढ-मुग्लिन सडकखण्डको सिमतालमा पहिरोले बस बगाउँदा झण्डै पाँच दर्जन यात्रु बेपत्ता एवं देशका विभिन्न भागमा बाढी पहिरोका कारण भएको धनजनको क्षतिप्रति गहिरो दुख व्यक्त गर्दछु। यात्रुहरूको खोजी एवं प्रभावकारी उद्धारका लागि गृह प्रशासन लगायत सरकारका सबै निकायलाई निर्देशित गर्दछु।


— ☭ Comrade Prachanda (@cmprachanda) July 12, 2024

 

Tags: Nepalnepal bus accident
Previous Post

India Abstains On UNGA Resolution Seeking Russia To Stop Its Aggression Against Ukraine

Next Post

Heat waves are growing hotter and more prolonged. What’s driving extreme temperatures?

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Trending
  • Uncategorized
  • World
Binghamton Herald

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In