Washington DC
New York
Toronto
Distribution: (800) 510 9863
Press ID
  • Login
Binghamton Herald
Advertisement
Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
Binghamton Herald
No Result
View All Result
Home Trending

UN Body Raises Alarm After Drone Attack On Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant

by Binghamton Herald Report
April 8, 2024
in Trending
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

The United Nation’s atomic watchdog has raised the risk of a “major nuclear accident” after a new drone attack on Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia power plant, reported BBC. 

Russia’s nuclear power corporation, Rosatom has accused Ukraine’s military of launching a series of attacks on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station on Sunday, as per a Reuters report. 

According to Rosatom, three people were injured in the attack, with one seriously injured. 

ALSO READ: Russia Declares Federal Emergency As Ural River Floods Orsk, Thousands Evacuated

The nuclear power plant with six reactors has been on the frontline since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 22, 2022. 

The UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks. The IAEA confirmed the “physical impact of drone attacks” on the plant including at one of the reactors. 

IAEA chief, Rafael Grossi called Sunday’s drone strike “reckless” and said a “a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers” facing the plant.

“This cannot happen,” he said.

The IAEA chief said that this was the first attack since November 2022, when he set out five basic principles to avoid a serious nuclear accident with radiological consequences. 

ALSO READ: ‘If US Congress Does Not Help, Ukraine Will Lose War’: Zelenskyy’s Fresh Appeal Amid Mounting Death Toll

The plant officials said that the site was attacked by Ukrainian military drones, including a strike on the dome of the plant’s sixth power unit, reported the Associated Press. It also said that its experts had been informed of the drone strike and that “such detonation is consistent with IAEA observations. 

The plant authorities said that there was no critical damage or casualties adding that the radiation levels were normal after the strikes. 

A Ukrainian intelligence officer denied the claims by Russia and Rosatom saying Kyiv had nothing to do with any strikes on the station, and suggested that it was the work of Russians themselves, reported Reuters. 

Tags: Russia-Ukraine conflictZaporizhzhia nuclear power plant
Previous Post

‘Quiet on Set’: Key takeaways from the documentary series’ bonus episode

Next Post

Ferry Packed With People Fleeing Over Cholera Panic Sinks In Mozambique, Kills Over 90

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Trending
  • Uncategorized
  • World
Binghamton Herald

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In