Washington DC
New York
Toronto
Distribution: (800) 510 9863
Press ID
  • Login
Binghamton Herald
Advertisement
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
Binghamton Herald
No Result
View All Result
Home Trending

4 Children Stabbed In France’s Annecy Park Now Stable, 1 Adult Still Critical

by Binghamton Herald Report
June 9, 2023
in Trending
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Four young children, who were stabbed in a park in the French town of Annecy on Thursday, are now in stable condition. The children, aged between one and three, are currently undergoing treatment in hospital. A three-year-old British child is among the injured, another is Dutch. During the attack, police overpowered and arrested the attacker after he entered a children’s playground. Two adults also got hurt in the attack, with one still in critical condition. Police have confirmed that the suspect is a 31-year-old Syrian, who had refugee status in Sweden, reported the BBC.

French Prime Minister Élisabeth Borne and Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin went to the scene of the incident. The French Prime Minister said that the attacker had “no criminal or psychiatric record.” Regional deputy Antoine Armand described the attack as “abominable” and said authorities were investigating the matter, however, they knew “very little”. He further said that it doesn’t seem that the suspect had any kind of terrorist motivation.

French President Emmanuel Macron termed the attack as ‘an attack of absolute cowardice’.

#BREAKING President Macron calls French Alps stabbing an ‘attack of absolute cowardice’ pic.twitter.com/x9LmnapCN1


— AFP News Agency (@AFP) June 8, 2023

Video footage of the attack has been doing rounds on social media which shows a little playground where children are playing normally. A man then enters the premises with a knife in his hands and soon screams echoed throughout the playground. From the video, it was evident that the attacker was looking for children to attack them. He moves forward and attacks a child who was in a pushchair.

According to the police, the suspect has refugee status in Sweden. He left behind a wife and a three-year-old kid when he came to France recently. In an unsuccessful asylum application last year for refugee status in France, he said he was a Syrian Christian.

Tags: Alps Town of AnnecyFranceFrance PM Elisabeth BorneSouth-Eastern FranceStabbing incident
Previous Post

Opinion: The last gasps of the party of Reagan

Next Post

‘Looked Like A Ghost Town’: After New York, Smoke From Canadian Wildfires Chokes Washington

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Trending
  • Uncategorized
  • World
Binghamton Herald

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In