Washington DC
New York
Toronto
Distribution: (800) 510 9863
Press ID
  • Login
Binghamton Herald
Advertisement
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
Binghamton Herald
No Result
View All Result
Home Trending

6 Children Among Several Stabbed In South-Eastern France, Accused Arrested

by Binghamton Herald Report
June 8, 2023
in Trending
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Six children have been injured in a mass stabbing in the French town of Annecy, news agency AFP reported citing a security source. The aggressor behind the attack has been arrested, Reuters reports citing the French interior ministry. Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin tweeted that the culprit “has been arrested thanks to the rapid reaction of security forces”. At least three of the victims were in critical condition, the security source told AFP.

#BREAKING Six children injured in mass stabbing in French Alps town of Annecy: security source pic.twitter.com/JC8Vsd2f9l


— AFP News Agency (@AFP) June 8, 2023

Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne’s office announced she was travelling to the scene and MPs in the national parliament held a minute’s silence as news of the attack broke in the French media. French Alps attacker says he is Syrian asylum seeker, AFP reported citing police source.

#BREAKING French PM travelling to Alps town of Annecy, scene of stabbing attack: aide pic.twitter.com/1wiLvteoDX


— AFP News Agency (@AFP) June 8, 2023

Earlier in January, several people were injured in a knife attack at the Paris Gare du Nord train station, CNN reported. Police opened fire on a ‘dangerous person’, who injured travellers at one of Paris’ central railway station, French rail operator Societe Nationale des Chemins de fer Francais (SNCF) tweeted.

ALSO READ: Google, Meta Using ‘Bullying Tactics’ To Suppress Online News Act: Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

Police confirmed that several people were wounded in the attack. Interior Minister Gerard Darmanin confirmed the attack, saying that the suspect was ‘neutralised’ by the police, reported DW News.” Emergency services intervened and the attacker was shot dead, the SNCF tweeted, adding that while a security perimeter has been established but the station continues to operate normally. The attack took place at the Gare du Nord station, a busy hub for commuters.

Subscribe And Follow ABP Live On Telegram: https://t.me/officialabplive

Tags: ABP LiveAlps Town of AnnecyBreaking NewsFranceFrance PM Elisabeth BorneSouth-Eastern FranceStabbing incident
Previous Post

Italian Lawmaker Creates History, Becomes First MP To Breastfeed Baby In Parliament

Next Post

Quiz: Do you know how to keep your boss from snooping on you?

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Trending
  • Uncategorized
  • World
Binghamton Herald

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Culture
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Trending

© 2024 Binghamton Herald or its affiliated companies.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In